This documentation briefly explains how profit centers are determined / defaulted in sales billing document. Profit centers in billing documents are generally derived from the sales documents , but as per business requirements the determination process can be altered.
Profit centers in billing documents : Determination Logic
Basic determination: With sales documents:
The determination of the profit center is carried out in the sales document item according to the following rules (in ascending order):
1) From the material master (table MARC)
2) Via a substitution
3) By manual entry
4) From a "real" account assignment (profitability segment, cost center, and so on)
b) Without sales documents:
The transfer of the profit center is carried out in the document item according to the following rules (in ascending order):
1) From the material master (table MARC, field MAEPV-PRCTR)
2) By "external" specification
3) Via a substitution
In addition profit centers can be defaulted using copy routines defined in VOFM.
The profit center is transferred from the sales document item (field VBAP-PRCTR) to the billing item (field VBRP-PRCTR).
Profit Center Determination based on profit center maintained in Material Master
View : Sales General Data view
Profit center determination by Substitution
Substitutions can be used to default profit center if the profit center is dynamic and the determination is based on the process rather than the material. In such case substitiuion rules are used to determinie profiit center bsaed on the indicators or keys. Frequently used indicators included Material Pricing group and Account assignment group in the material master.
- The call of the substitution in PCA depends on whether the sales order is a cross-company code order or not. A cross-company situation exists if the sales organization of the sales order belongs to a different company code than the supplying plant.
- Substitution is not called for the following processes: internal billing documents, stock transport orders, and replenishment deliveries with reference to stock transport orders.
- Call up of substitution is defined by the AID Active indicator for the substitution rule in transaction 0KEL.
Substitution call up : Inter company transactions
|Indicator||Sales Document||Billing Document|
|0||Not Active||Not Active|
|2||Not Active||Not Active|
|4||Not Active||Not Active|
Note : For inter company translations profit center in billing document is only derived from sales documents
Profit Center determination using Copy routines
In few cases business scenario's my include logic for determining the profit center other than the ways explained above. In such cases Copy routines can be used.
Sample code : Defaulting profit center in billing document for item category TAN.
Create a new Data Transfer Routine and assign to copy conrol
VOFM --> Data Transfer Routine --> Billing Document
FORM daten_kopieren_902. * Header data * VBRK-xxxxx = ............ * Item data * VBRP-xxxxx = ............ * Additional split criteria DATA: BEGIN OF zuk, modul(3) VALUE '001', vtweg LIKE vbak-vtweg, spart LIKE vbak-spart, END OF zuk. zuk-spart = vbak-spart. zuk-vtweg = vbak-vtweg. vbrk-zukri = zuk. " Default profit center. vbrp-prctr = 'XXXXXXXX'. ENDFORM.
2. Assign as copy control routine
SPRO --> Sales and Distribution --> Billing Documents --> Maintain copy control for billing documents